Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Saginaw smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in full command of your Saginaw home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out suggestions to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Saginaw help you?
Wirelessly coupling to components through radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you may even speak to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote access and control with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can perform:
- Review current or recorded video streams from all integrated surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Saginaw by programming schedules or establishing rules. For example, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be in the home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if the system isn’t able to arm. For example, an open window or door will cue you to act. Note that you are still able to arm your home’s security by following the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to ignore the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Saginaw
Despite the fact that many users can be entered when you first get your system, you may want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote access, choose email or phone and enter the information to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, simply go to the menu, touch users, select the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Saginaw smart home. Contact (989) 461-3399 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.